John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes No 2 Potting-On Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed for the growth & establishment of plants.
This compost has a rich, nutrient content making it suitable for vigorous plants such as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Geraniums, Fuchsias and most house plants. It is easy to water and re-wet and the high loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients to help stabilise plants in pots and containers. It also contains Potassium humate.
Tips for better results
- Re-seal the bag after you’ve used it
- Store in a dry, frost-free place away from weedkillers and other chemicals
- Wear gloves before handling
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use.
- Children and pets need not be excluded from treated areas.